School is BACK in session, and with it comes LUNCH prep! If you are anything like me, you spend a good portion of your time trying to figure out WHAT in the world to pack for your kid’s lunch?!! (If you don’t, then I envy you… please tell me your ways!)
My kids absolutely LOVE this Banana Bread, and it has absolutely NO OIL, NO BUTTER and NO EGGS!! With just a few Vegan hacks, AKA “Buttermilk”, you can have the most delicious and fluffy Banana Bread ever! Just 15 minutes to bring it all together, and then an hour in the oven. Snack Heaven!
Vegan & Oil-Free Banana Bread
This OIL-FREE and VEGAN Banana Bread is so easy to make, and SO delicious! This makes a great snack for a child's lunchbox, or even as a treat after school!
- 1 Bread Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper, is using Non-Silicone
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
- 3/4 cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used unsweetened Soy Milk)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer
- ¼ cup Cold Water
- 1 ¼ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Organic All-Purpose Flour (Unbleached)
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (Roughly 3 medium Bananas)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre-heat Oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your Bread Pan. Line the bottom of your Bread Pan (if not using a Silicone one) with Parchment paper.TIP: I like to butter or oil the bottom of the Bread Pan JUST ENOUGH, so that the parchment will stick to it.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the Non-Dairy Milk with the Lemon juice and set aside. (This will create a Buttermilk mixture that will thicken.)
- In a small bowl, Mix the Egg Replacer with the Cold Water until frothy and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (Flours, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sugar & Salt) together in a large bowl.
- In a medium size bowl, mash your Bananas if not mashed already.
- Add the Apple Sauce, Vanilla, Buttermilk & Egg Replacer to the Bananas. Mix well.
- Add the Wet Ingredients to the Dry Ingredients, and mix just enough to that the ingredients are all combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared Bread Pan and place on middle rack of oven.
- BAKE at 350° for 60 minutes. (Or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Once done, remove from oven and place the pan on a rack and let it cool.
My kids prefer their Banana Bread without nuts or raisins, but you could add anything you want into the batter before baking!
This recipe was adapted from Dr. McDougall's Banana Nut Bread recipe.
Leave a Reply