Whether you love Pumpkin Spice Season or not ( I do!) you will want to eat this Pumpkin Bread ALL year round! Not only is is flavorful and moist, it is also Kid Tested & Approved! You can even dress this up as a dessert by adding some Vegan Chocolate Chips or Cinnamon Crumble topping. YUM!
Pumpkin Bread – Oil Free & Vegan
Whether you love Pumpkin Spice season, or not, this Pumpkin Bread is SO delicious, you will want to have it year round! This bread has just enough sweetness to feel like a treat, without all the aded fat or oil. In fact, you would never know it had NO EGGS, NO DAIRY & NO OIL! This recipe is Kid-Approved!
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 1 Regular Size Bread Pan
Vegan Egg Replacer
- 2 tbsp Egg Replacer (equivalent to 2 eggs) I use Bob's Red Mills
- 4 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk I used Soy Milk (155g)
- 1½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (220g)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (150g)
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar (115g)
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar (35g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Ground Pumpkin Pie Spice I use a pre-made blend, you can also make your own blend.
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Salt
Remaining Wet Ingredients
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree (15 oz can)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla
- Pre-heat the Oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your Bread pan, either using parchment on the bottom so it won't stick, or a silicone bread pan.
Vegan Egg Replacer
- Mix together the Water and Egg Replacer in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the Lemon Juice and the Plant Milk, and set aside. It will start to thicken right away, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the Dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the brown sugar in really well so no lumps remain, otherwise you will get pockets in your bread.
- Mix the Pumpkin Puree and Vanilla into the bowl with the Vegan Buttermilk.
- Add the Vegan Egg Replacer to the Buttermilk & Pumpkin Puree mixture. Mix well.
- Add all the Wet Ingredients to the Dry Ingredients and mix well so that no flour pockets remain. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the Bread Pan.
- Bake on 350°F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.(The baking time can vary a little due to Altitude (I'm at 5500 ft) or Oven Temperature, so go by the toothpick test!)
- Keep the Pumpkin Bread in the pan to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing. If using a Silicone Pan, let it cool completely before taking out. It may stick if you take it out while it is still warm or hot.
Leave a Reply