Whether you love Pumpkin Spice Season or not ( I do!) you will want to eat this Pumpkin Bread ALL year round! Not only is is flavorful and moist, it is also Kid Tested & Approved! You can even dress this up as a dessert by adding some Vegan Chocolate Chips or Cinnamon Crumble topping. YUM!
Pumpkin Bread – Oil Free & Vegan
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 1 Regular Size Bread Pan
Vegan Egg Replacer
- 2 tbsp Egg Replacer (equivalent to 2 eggs) I use Bob's Red Mills
- 4 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Plant Milk I used Soy Milk (155g)
- 1½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (220g)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (150g)
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar (115g)
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar (35g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Ground Pumpkin Pie Spice I use a pre-made blend, you can also make your own blend.
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Salt
Remaining Wet Ingredients
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree (15 oz can)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla
- Pre-heat the Oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your Bread pan, either using parchment on the bottom so it won't stick, or a silicone bread pan.
Vegan Egg Replacer
- Mix together the Water and Egg Replacer in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the Lemon Juice and the Plant Milk, and set aside. It will start to thicken right away, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the Dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the brown sugar in really well so no lumps remain, otherwise you will get pockets in your bread.
- Mix the Pumpkin Puree and Vanilla into the bowl with the Vegan Buttermilk.
- Add the Vegan Egg Replacer to the Buttermilk & Pumpkin Puree mixture. Mix well.
- Add all the Wet Ingredients to the Dry Ingredients and mix well so that no flour pockets remain. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the Bread Pan.
- Bake on 350°F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.(The baking time can vary a little due to Altitude (I'm at 5500 ft) or Oven Temperature, so go by the toothpick test!)
- Keep the Pumpkin Bread in the pan to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing. If using a Silicone Pan, let it cool completely before taking out. It may stick if you take it out while it is still warm or hot.