GF, VEGAN, OIL FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE
These SPICY & Scrumptious CAULIFLOWER WINGS are great as an appetizer, or as a full meal! They are a family favorite for a weekend snack! They are tossed in my Spicy Buffalo Sauce and BAKED so that they are Gluten Free, Oil Free and Refined Sugar Free! So basically, they are SUPER healthy! Pair them with your favorite Vegan Ranch Dip and Voila!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30-45 min|
- 1 Head Cauliflower Separated into small florets
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup Plant Milk (You can add more or less depending on how thick you prefer your batter.)
- 1/2 cup GF Flour (I used 1:1 GF Flour) You can also use Regular Flour if not Gluten Free.
- 2 tsp Tapioca Starch or Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Batch My Spicy Buffalo Sauce (See Notes for Recipe Link)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425º F.
- Cut the head of Cauliflower into small florets, or wing-size pieces.
- Mix ALL the other ingredients in a mixing bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- Toss the Cauliflower florets in the batter until fully coated.
- Place the coated Cauliflower onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and put into the oven.
- Bake at 425º for 30 minutes (or until crispy and brown), flipping after 20 minutes. I tend to put my tray on the bottom rack so that it crisps up more!
- While the Cauliflower is baking, you can whip up a batch of my Spicy Buffalo Sauce!! (see below in notes)
- Toss the Cauliflower in my Spicy Buffalo Sauce. Serve immediately as they will soften!
- OR ... You can also place the Cauliflower wings back into the oven for 10-20 minutes after tossing them in the Buffalo Sauce, to dry out the sauce a bit and help them to crisp up!
- NOTE: The "wings" will soften pretty much immediately once you toss them in the sauce, so they are best served straight away. If you are re-heating, you can pop them in your air-fryer to crisp them up after they cool. (I tend to put them on 400 for at least 5 minutes, adding more time if needed.)
Find my Spicy Buffalo Sauce recipe here!
If you are not a fan of Buffalo Sauce or Spicy food, you can add ANY sauce you like at the end, or keep the Cauliflower plain and DIP it into a sauce! Your choice!
Leave a Reply