This Mac-n-Cheeze is SO easy to make, and is super HEALTHY. My kids eat this on a weekly basis and I never have to feel guilty feeding this to them because it is Whole Food Plant-Based and packed with goodness.
Made from raw cashews, potatoes, plant milk and various spices, it’s naturally cholesterol free, and LOADED with nutrients and vitamins, rather than fat! To make this dish Gluten-Free, you just have to add the Cheeze sauce to your favorite Gluten-Free pasta (mine is Banza Chickpea pasta)!
It’s that simple!
This yummy dish has over 20g of Protein, 8g of Fiber, and only 330 calories and 8g of fat(from the cashews)!!
Easy Vegan Mac-n-Cheeze (Oil-Free)
This Mac-n-Cheeze is a winner with kids AND adults (just ask my husband!)! It's creamy and delicious, and just so happens to be completely Oil-Free, Vegan, WFPB & Gluten Free! Made from cashews, potatoes and plant milk, this Mac-n-Cheeze is Dairy Free, LOW FAT and HEALTHY. So grab a fork and dig in!
- 1 Large Pot to Boil Pasta
- 1 High Speed Blender *See Note 1 if you don't have a High Speed Blender
- 1 Box Pasta I used Banza Chickpea Elbow Macaroni
- ⅓ cup Raw Cashews
- 1 medium/large pre-steamed Gold or Yellow Potato I steam my potatoes in bulk and keep them in the fridge for easy eating throughout the week.
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Heaping tsp Organic White Miso Paste
- 1 cup Plant Milk I use unsweetened Organic Soy.
- ½ cup Low-Sodium Vegan Broth *See Note 2
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder This gives the Cheeze it's color (and some anti-inflammatory benefits), but you can omit if you need!
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½-1 tsp Salt You can omit if you don't use salt, but add 1 more tsp of Miso paste.
- First, boil the Pasta according to the directions on the back of the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, make your Cheeze Sauce.(You can make this sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge in an air-tight container for 10 days)
- Add all the ingredients (except the pasta) to your high Speed Blender.
- Blend on High until the sauce is smooth and silky.You may need to add a little more Vegan Broth, depending on the size of your potato and how thick you like your sauce.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain the water from the pan and then return to the stove in the same pot. Turn your burner down to low.
- Add the sauce (as much as you want) to the pasta and stir on low until it is hot and slightly thickened. (The starch from the potato will naturally thicken the sauce, and it will also thicken once cooled.)
- Serve immediately and enjoy! You can also store the Mac-n-Cheeze in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days for a quick and easy side-dish or meal.
* NOTE 1: If you don’t have a High-Speed Blender, you can soak your cashews in hot water for 30 minutes, or simply cover them with water and let sit overnight. * NOTE 2: Vegan Broth Hack – In a mason jar, mix 2 cups of hot water and 2 tsp of Low-Sodium Vegetable Bouillon by Better than Bouillon. Shake it, and then store it in your fridge and use as needed. (I found the pour lids for the wide-mouth mason jars at Target.)
Leave a Reply