This Bubbly Mozzarella Cheeze is another staple in our house as we make Sourdough Pizzas EVERY week (sometimes twice a week)! Vegan cheese is not like normal cheese, in that it isn’t as greasy or melty most of the time, but every once in a while you find something that works! By adding a couple extra ingredients to the mix, (there are quite a few ingredients, but you just throw it all in a high-speed blender) you can get a nice consistency when put on a pizza or under a broiler on Cheezy Toast! This Bubbly Mozzarella is just that! It bubbles up just like cheese and is melty and smooth on pizza. You won’t be disappointed!
You will need a high speed blender for this recipe, as well as a pan for heating the mixture on the stove. (If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can soak your cashews on the counter overnight to soften)
For an amazing Sourdough Pizza Dough recipe check out my recipe here : Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Raw Cashews Soaked
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon Juice Juice of one Lemon - More lemon juice for more tang
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 tbsp Psyllium Husks Powder
- 1 tbsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Salt to Taste
- Start by soaking the raw cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. If you don't have a high-speed blender, just be sure to soak the cashews overnight!
- Add all the ingredients to the blender. Once the cashews are done soaking, drain and add to the blender as well.
- Once all the ingredients are blended well, add to a pan over a medium heat. Stir continuously until the cheeze starts to thicken. This will only take a few minutes. The cheeze will become stringy and stretchy but will not harden completely.
- Use on your Pizzas, Cheezy Toast or in a Mac n Cheese recipe!
- Store you Cheeze in a glass container with a tight lid in the fridge for up to a week.
I was so skeptical, but this recipe worked and it was great! It tasted good, had great texture, and did indeed bubble on the pizza. In case it helps anyone else: since I need to eat very low-fat, I replaced the cashews with canellini beans (and added a bit more tapioca since the beans are more watery). I enjoyed the seasonings as directed, and I also enjoyed adding a tsp of smoked paprika.
Thank you so much for trying the recipe and for your comment! Great tip about the cannellini beans. I also love adding a bit of smoked paprika & chili flakes, just for a different flavor sometimes! 😋