This tangy and creamy Cashew Mayo is a staple in our house. I love to use this on my Homemade Sourdough Bread in a sandwich with fresh tomatoes and tofu bacon! YUMM! It also works really well in a pasta or potato salad for BBQs. It's so useful to have, and only takes 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup Raw Cashews Soaked (I like to soak in hotwater for about 10 minutes, but you can soak overnight as well)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar (you can add a tsp more for a more tangy mayo)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (this is about 1/2 a large lemon juiced)
- Salt to Taste (you can omit this if you do not use salt)
- Soak cashews in hot water for 10 minutes if you have not soaked over night. This will help them to become creamy and smooth when blended. If you do not have a High-Speed blender, you will need to soak the cashews overnight!
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender. Add cashews when they are done soaking.
- Blend all the ingredients until it is smooth.
- Pour into glass container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a Reply