These Cinnamon Raisin Bagels are just another reason to have a sourdough starter on the go! I am a fan of ANYTHING cinnamon, so of course I had to try my hand at some cinnamon raisin bagel goodness! This recipe starts with my normal Homemade Sourdough Bagel Recipe, but has just a few added ingredients once the dough is mixed. Did I mention that they make the house smell AMAZING when they are baking? Mmmmm.
Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough Bagels
- See Homemade Sourdough Bagel Recipe
- 2 tbsp Bread Flour (Flour you used to make the Homemade Sourdough Bagel recipe)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- For the original Homemade Sourdough Bagel recipe go here:http://megaplantbased.com/sourdoughbagels/
- Once the original dough has finished kneading, you can then add all the ingredients listed above. This would be a good time to halve the dough if you are doing different flavors. If doing this, then make sure to halve the ingredients above to this:1 tbsp Bread Flour1/4 cup Raisins1 tbsp Maple Syrup1 tsp Cinnamon
- The dough will be very sticky after adding the additional ingredients, which is why the extra flour is needed.
- Let the dough mix together until it becomes a nice stiff consistency.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover it with a tea towel and let sit overnight.
- In the morning (after 8-12 hours) the dough should be nice and puffy, but may not have completely doubled.
- You will then continue shaping, doing a second rise, boiling and baking. All these instructions are in the original Homemade Sourdough Bagel Recipe found here:http://megaplantbased.com/sourdoughbagels/